Thursday, February 21, 2013

Terror Stop!

I tell myself,
'Oh! Not Again!'
But, how many times
have I told this to myself, to others...
Bombers, what are you are trying to prove?
Anger?
Frustration?
Revenge?
All human emotions
yet, so inhuman in your act.
All vulnerable feelings
yet, so cruel in perception.
All proof of your human thoughts
yet, so evil in action.

Do horrid deaths,
broken bones,
burning flesh,
bleeding organs
give respite
even to the perpetrator?

Who are we to judge
the wrongs done to humanity?
Who are we to gauge
anything at all?

But, is this all that can be done?
To sit back and wait for action?
To roll up in fear and await our turn?
While politics and terror
play their terrifying games?
Songglod, Flickr

Praying for the dead, the injured and their families....
(The Hyderabad bombings on Feb 21st 2013)

2 comments:

Shail Raghuvanshi said...

Thank you Pankaja. This was the only way I could express my frustration.

Shail Raghuvanshi said...

Yes Samson, sad but a true state of affairs....