Thursday, April 2, 2020

NaPoWriMo: Day Two: Home




Nondescript it stood
amidst a bunch of bustling others,
each a haven of hope
as one ascended the stairs
into one's home.

Childhood childishly spent
within the shade of soaring fun
in a piece of ground,
rooms small yet cozy
that housed my home.

Ma's kitchen, my favourite
abode of aroma inviting
with delicious dishes dished
out, a place I connected most
with natural herbs and mother's love.

The dining room, served two purposes
studying and listening to music 
on the old classic record player.
Close to the entrance door, 
it identified me, my innocent desires.

No other house ever could replace
my old treasure chest of memories galore
as I grew and walked away from that door.
Still searching for that little blessing
that filled my childhood days with eternal spring! 

Prompt: Creating a mood out of a memory

No comments: